Expedia.com is one of the largest online travel agencies in the world with millions of visitors daily. Expedia.com is a subsidiary of Expedia Group which also includes Vrbo (previously named HomeAway), Hotels.com, Hotelwire.com, Orbitz, Trivago, Travelocity, and CarRentals.com. The brand’s name came from the conjugation of the words ‘exploration’ and ‘speed’. It is widespread in North America and Asia. Expedia.com has more than 200 travel sites and operates in more than 70 countries.
Targeting: Expedia.com addresses audiences across the world. More specifically, it has 47.6 million unique visitors globally, with the majority of them coming from North America (the United States and Canada). Moreover, it has a great response in Europe, highest in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain. Following Europe, next comes the Asia Pacific and especially in China, Japan, Australia, and Singapore. Last but not least comes Latin America and mostly in Mexico, Argentina and Brazil.
- Founded: 1996 (USA)
- Short term rental properties: 2.9 million+
- Commission: 15%-18% per reservation (subject to the type of payment)
- Payments: “Expedia collect” or “Ηotel collect” depending on what owners want
- How to register: https://www.hosthub.com/guides/how-to-create-a-listing-on-expedia/
- Listing your property in one of the biggest travel agencies gives you visibility and potential bookings
- Provides marketing programs, helping you attract the right guests in high and off-seasons.
- It manages your reviews, giving you the chance to answer your guests and control bad reviews
- It is not user-friendly in terms of listing your property
- Not consistent customer support