Personally Identifiable Information (PII) means any information might identify an individual. which includes but is not limited to, name, birth dates/places, email address, billing and shipping address, phone and mobile numbers, social security numbers, payment information, biometric data, IP addresses, and the like.
GDPR means the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Personal Data means any information relating to “an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;” (Article 4 § 1.1.of the GDPR), and relates only to personal data, or any part of such personal data, of which Hosthub is the Data Controller or joint Data Controller;
Processing means “any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction” Article 4 of the GDPR;
Recipient means “a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not”.
Third party means “a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data”;
- How do we collect your personal data?
1.Directly from you
We collect information directly from you when you register on our site or enter information on our site, such as contact information, payment Information or any personal information you provide to us in your communications with Hosthub.
2.Automatically from Your Use of the Hosthub website and application
When you use the Hosthub Website and Application, we automatically collect information, including personal data, about the services you use and how you use them. Such information may include information about your interactions with the site, log data and device Information, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, cookie data, and other website usage information.
3. From Third Parties.
If you link or connect with Hosthub with a third-party service (e.g. Facebook,), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
Also, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you.
- What personal data do we collect from you?
3.1 Personal data about you
When using our service, as appropriate, we collect the following information:
- your name, email address, phone number
- your listing channel credentials
- other details/information you provide to us in order to help you with your experience.
- usage Information: we collect information about your interactions with the Hosthub Website and application such as the pages or content you view, and other actions on the site, log Data and Device Information, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system, cookie data.
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information relating to services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details and general payment transaction Information;
3.2 Personal data you give us about others.
- How do we use your information?
We may use the personal data we collect from you when you register, add a new listing channel, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Hosthub website and application, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations. Specifically we use you data:
- To enable you to access and use the Hosthub service
- To enable the operation of our service and supply services purchased through our website;
- To respond to your customer service requests;
- To send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- To send you notifications and non-marketing commercial communications,
- To send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences;
- To send you transactional or informational SMS on the phone numbers we collect from your registration
- To detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity and conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
- To comply with legal obligations
- To improve our services and enhance the user experience, for testing purposes, troubleshooting, and improving the functionality and quality of our online services and in general to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more efficient to use.
- What legal bases do we rely on for processing your personal data?
Hosthub relies on the following legal bases:
- processing of the personal data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Hosthub, specifically to create your account and provide the services requested.
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Hosthub or by a third party. Hosthub will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data against Hosthub’s rights and interests or those of the third party.
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Hosthub is subject (such as tax law or lawful law enforcement requests).
- your consent, in order to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, to provide personalized offers or any other instance where consent is required under applicable law..
- Do we disclose your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to respond to your requests for customer service;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Hosthub, its users, and the public
- to third-party service providers which provide support services such as:
- customer support;
- market research;
- fraud detection and prevention services, including anti-fraud screening service.;
- payment services. We use third parties to process payments. We might share information with relevant financial institutions if we consider it strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Data except as stated above under paragraph 6.
- Third-party links
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
- Do we transfer your data Internationally?
Personal data we collect is processed in a cloud environment provided by Google Cloud. Google Cloud platform, complies with international data protection laws regarding transfers of customer data across borders. If you’d like to read more about how Google handles the security of data within their Cloud Platform, we recommend reading their documentation on it.
- How long do we retain your personal data?
We retain your personal data for the duration of our contractual relationship. Personal information that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the performance of the contract and any directly derived services. Also, we retain all data when you choose to PAUSE your account, in case you want to restart his subscription. When you choose to DELETE your account, we delete all personal data except your email. Your email is then renamed to “[email protected]” and is retained in a secure manner for new account -verification purposes.
We may also retain personal data :
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law (for instance in order to comply with tax legislation);
- to comply with legal process, (any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings); and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, property or personal safety of Hosthub, its users and the public.
If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- How do we protect your data?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. In addition, all information you supply to us is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user registers for our service, adds a new rental, adds a new channel, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information
We will retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you, to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities( see above under 10).
- Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies in their browser, please be advised that some of the features that make our site experience more efficient may not function properly.
- What are your Rights?
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You have the following rights in connection with your data:
- To request access to your personal data that we hold. You may request a copy of your personal data and we shall provide it to you free of charge. Should you request any further copies, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs
- To request that we rectify any inaccurate personal data about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed. In any case, please note that when you actively provide to us your personal data guarantee that they are true and accurate and you undertake to notify to us any change or modification of your data.
- To request that we erase your personal data to the extent that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing them, as we have explained above, or when we are no longer legally permitted to process them. Please be advised that, in such case we will retain only non-personal data and information for statistical and technical reasons. Also, when you want to stop using our service, you have the option to either:
- PAUSE your account: In this case we retain all data in case you want to restart his subscription, OR
- DELETE your account: in this case we delete all personal data except your email. Your email is renamed to “[email protected]” and is retained in a secure manner for new account -verification purposes.
Also, we shall retain some “Payment Information”, if such apply in your case, for as long we are obliged by the applied tax law or/and our contractual obligations with our service providers.
- To request that we cancel or limit the processing of your personal data, which entails that in certain cases you can request us to temporally suspend the processing of the data or that we keep them longer than necessary.
- Where the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest, you will also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
- Finally, we inform you that you have the right to file a claim before the responsible data protection authority, in particular, before the Greek Data Protection Authority ( www.dpa.gr).
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by email at [email protected].
- Additional Information
- Google Ads
The services offered by Hosthub are not directed at children under 16 years old.
- Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
- California Residents
15.1 Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code section 1798.83 a business is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at Hosthub, 2035 Sunset Lake Rd., Newark, 19702, USA, +1 646 895 6122 ; OR via email at [email protected]
15.2. California Online Privacy Protection Act
- How do we handle Do Not Track signals?
Hosthub does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Hosthub does not target or market to children under the age of 13 years old.
- Fair Information Practices
Data Breach: In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 3 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 3 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- CAN SPAM Act
Under the CAN-SPAM Act we are required to inform you that we collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process transactions and to send information and updates pertaining to transactions.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
Pursuant to CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected]
- Contacting Us
You can contact us:
- by mail, to Hosthub, 2035 Sunset Lake Rd., Newark, 19702, USA
+1 646 895 6122 ; OR
Konitsis 11B, Marousi (Athens), 151 25, Greece
+30 211 800 5200
- by using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on +1 646 895 6122 ; OR +30 211 800 5200 ; or
- by email, using [email protected]