Misterbnb is the number one gay hotelier in the world. Founded in 2014, misterbnb provides to the LGBTQ community short-term rental properties from gay or gay-friendly hosts globally. Misterbnb was born after the CEO’s unpleasant experience, when traveling in Barcelona Matthieu Jost, as a gay man himself, felt uncomfortable when he and his partner arrived in the apartment which they have rented and they weren’t welcomed by the owner. It was clear for him then that a short-term rental service by and for gay travelers was much needed, to provide to the LGBTQ community a safe place where they are accepted and they can feel comfortable. Misterbnb has hosts in more than 135 countries with a plethora of rental properties.
Targeting: Misterbnb targets the LGBTQ community from all over the world. Although it was primarily founded to address gay audiences, is open to everyone.
- Founded: 2014 (France)
- Short term rental properties: 1 million+
- Commission: 12%-15% guest / 4% host
- Payments: Channel collects payments
- Around the clock customer care
- It takes lower commission than other OTA’s
- Brings more business off-season guests, since the LGBTQ community is more flexible with their vacation dates, and mostly they don’t have kids
- Rated excellent on Trustpilot (Review platform)
- Focuses on a specific target group.
- Late payments after completed bookings
Want to sync misterbnb with your other channels?
Sign up for a 14 day free trial of Hosthub